Welcome to the NeoVVL Owners Club Forums. If you don't have an account with us, please Register for a free account to become part of our community.

VE rebuild

Discussion forum of the Nissan Ecology Orientated Variable Valve Lift and Timing engine. Discussion on all variants of VE engines including the VET and 20V models. This area is designated for the questions on doing engine conversions to a VE including wiring or general support on these engines.
peachyquaver
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Kevin

VE rebuild

Post by peachyquaver » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm

I've been tossing and turning, deciding which way to go with the engine as it's being built in Feb in the front room when the mrs is away. Time's a tickin' and I've made a solid decision, it's going turbo and that's the final answer.

I'll probably be asking a fair few silly questions in here as I've not fully rebuilt an engine and it will be my first turbo outing.

First things first though, I'll be building the engine with VET pistons and get that run in while I save more coins for the turbo bits. I'm aiming for something with minimal lag, and for track use.

I'm building a shopping list for the engine only to be ordered shortly, got the usual OE guff: gasket kit, rings, chain, tensioner etc..

What sort of bearings are available for the VE? I noticed Gspec have ACL Race bearings for the DE but nothing mentioned about the VE.
0 x

This topic has 37 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login