Welcome to the NeoVVL Owners Club Forums. If you don't have an account with us, please Register for a free account to become part of our community.

throttle response lag

Discussion forum of the Nissan Ecology Orientated Variable Valve Lift and Timing engine. Discussion on all variants of VE engines including the VET and 20V models. This area is designated for the questions on doing engine conversions to a VE including wiring or general support on these engines.
layllz
Crewman
Crewman
Name: allan
Engine Code: SR16VE

throttle response lag

Post by layllz » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:21 am

Hello fellow SR gurus, once again I seek your assistance :)

for a long while now I've had this troublesome lag especially at bottom of the rev range, it's inconsistent and when it is present (which is more than 60% of the time) there is a lack of power when switching cams.
I waited a while to see if the head rebuild would fix it, it didn't. Neither did changing to solid engine mount bushings. Changed sparks, cleaned MAF sensor, cleaner IACV...yet nothing. Does not seem to be affected by weather or any patterns I can pick up.

My mechanic's scantool and the nissan shops here won't communicate with the ecu, does anyone have any suggestions like a bluetooth attachment that can read my ecu? I'm in aussie and the problem is probs it's jdm ey...

My mech suspects either MAF or TPS, but would be good to get a proper diagnostic first. He wants to swap another OEM ecu in it and see if it does anything cuz he also reckons the ecu has been played with back in japan...but I'm like "that's not gonna be easy to find" lol

What are your thoughts or concerns?
sr16ve N1 btw

allan
0 x

This topic has 30 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login