Welcome to the NeoVVL Owners Club Forums. If you don't have an account with us, please Register for a free account to become part of our community.

SR16VE exhaust Downpipe

Discussion forum of the Nissan Ecology Orientated Variable Valve Lift and Timing engine. Discussion on all variants of VE engines including the VET and 20V models. This area is designated for the questions on doing engine conversions to a VE including wiring or general support on these engines.
J29237
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Ash
Car: Pulsar VZ-R
Engine Code: SR16VE

SR16VE exhaust Downpipe

Post by J29237 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi All
Wondering if anyone could help, I have a SR16VE Pulsar VZR with a corroded/rusted exhaust downpipe that I need to replace. I also own a P11 GT with an SR20DE engine and that exhaust downpipe needs changing too.
My dilemma is the SR20DE P11 exhaust downpipe I can get for around £30 which is cheap and cheerful replacement... but the SR16VE standard exhaust downpipe is wait for it.... £250..not including delivery! :(
My question is can the £30 SR20DE P11 downpipe work for the SR16VE as a cheap replacement? if not I might as well go for SSAC for around £200 but money is tight at the moment and if my proposal works I can get it for the P11 and use it for the VZR for a while until I have gained enough monies to buy a SSAC one.
I have had a look at amayama.com and partsouq.com for pics of both downpipes and they look similar, but the SR16VE one has a slight bend by the flexi.. so that's why I am asking I guess
Thanks in advance
A
0 x

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login