Welcome to the NeoVVL Owners Club Forums. If you don't have an account with us, please Register for a free account to become part of our community.

SR20 VE-T. Power drops off when vvl is engaged.

Discussion forum of the Nissan Ecology Orientated Variable Valve Lift and Timing engine. Discussion on all variants of VE engines including the VET and 20V models. This area is designated for the questions on doing engine conversions to a VE including wiring or general support on these engines.
THE SYNDICATE
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Shiva
Car: nissan
Engine Code: SR20 VE-T

SR20 VE-T. Power drops off when vvl is engaged.

Post by THE SYNDICATE » Sun May 14, 2017 12:49 am

Good day all.
Its been a while since i was on. jus been a bit busy. My build has since been redone and i hit the dyno jet a couple days ago.

Build consists of :-
1. sr20ve block
2. stock head
3. vet rods and pistons
4. nissan rings and mains
5. acl rod bearings
5. s15 bb turbo
6. aem ems 4

Every thing was working fine before the overhaul, was on a piggy back management at that time. A greddy emanage blue.
While on the dyno jet, every time the VVL is ENGAGED, the POWER DROPS OFF DRASTICALLY. Nose dive kind of drastic i mean. Over 100whp is lost when it is engaged. separate or together it doesn't matter, power still drops off. It makes more power without vvl. i kid you not.

Can anyone tell me why power drops when vvl is engaged ? Everything was working before the overhaul. Only thing that is a major difference, is the full stand alone management now.

Thanks in advance.

HELP!!!!!
0 x

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login