Welcome to the NeoVVL Owners Club Forums. If you don't have an account with us, please Register for a free account to become part of our community.

SR20 upgrade to Y-10/N14 Chassis

Discussion forum of the Nissan Ecology Orientated Variable Valve Lift and Timing engine. Discussion on all variants of VE engines including the VET and 20V models. This area is designated for the questions on doing engine conversions to a VE including wiring or general support on these engines.
Thai NV VZ-R
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Jay Hardy
Car: Nissan NV Queencab
Engine Code: GA16DE
1/4 Mile Time: Hahaha
Daily Driver: '14 Ford Focus SV-R

SR20 upgrade to Y-10/N14 Chassis

Post by Thai NV VZ-R » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:50 am

Hi, I have an '02 Thailand Nissan NV pickup. It came with a GA16DE, which is now old and tired. I found a very nice SR20VE 20V engine that a man here bought from Japan by mistake. (He has RWD)

I am looking for tips from anyone who has done an SR20 conversion, especially in an N14. (The Y10 is the same, but is extended a bit at the rear.) With both engines sitting side by side, the lower end looks early the same and mounting points as well. I don't see any big issues with mounting yet, except exhaust modifications.

Any advice? I am looking at beefing up my tranny where I can to take the extra 100hp, or can look for something stronger. Not sure what that would be, as Thai vehicles often have different packages than US...mostly the same, however, as Japan. I am also looking at a Japan only Wingroad 5 speed, though I have no comparison to my own...no book, no numbers.

Any help appreciated!
0 x

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login