Welcome to the NeoVVL Owners Club Forums. If you don't have an account with us, please Register for a free account to become part of our community.

VZR clutch changed, now rattles! help

Have discussions and get technical support about your Transmission, Suspension Components and Braking System, or if you have any general questions about these components.
J29237
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Ash
Car: Pulsar VZ-R
Engine Code: SR16VE

VZR clutch changed, now rattles! help

Post by J29237 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi all

My VZ-R Pulsar gave up on the clutch a few months ago and i have taken it upon myself to install a new one. I was given and replacement clutch which is Exedy standard just to change it once I can get more funds.

Anyway I have done clutch changes before on the smaller CG13DE Nissan Micra's which are kinda similar. Put the VZ-R back together and now the car is off the ground on jacks, I start the car and the wheels are rotating slowly as the VZR (LSD right?) but every time it rotates in any gear there is a ticking sound coming from the gearbox and passenger driveshaft side (used a screwdriver to pinpoint the rattle.. seems like gearbox) (dependent on revs) it only stops when i push the clutch down but when i release it, it starts again.

It does this in every gear, but 5th the sound of ticking is quieter but noticeable. Any help would be appreciative. I also tried going through the gears and it seems like when i accelerate in any gear the speed drops and tries to play catch-up to the speedo if that makes sense, is this clutch slippage?

I am not new to this mechanical stuff as i have tried to do things myself after extensive research. Please help!

Thanks in advance
0 x

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login