Welcome to the NeoVVL Owners Club Forums. If you don't have an account with us, please Register for a free account to become part of our community.

Pulsar VZ-R N1 JN15: Autech Serie VZ-R N1 TufTuf V.2

Upload images and discuss the status of your projects past and present. Add to your blog the status of what your currently doing and what is new with your car as well as what is you plans.
Forum rules
Please start your topic with your cars chassis and model followed by your project name. For example: "N15 Nissan Almera: My SR20VE Swap". All old projects will be converted so make sure you look for the changes.
p11primeragt
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Brian
Car: Primera Gt x 2
Engine Code: sr20ve

Re: Autech Pulsar Serie VZ-R N1 TufTuf V.2

Post by p11primeragt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:06 pm

It would be awesome to see it again weather it's on a dyno day or a general north east meet...

TheStigP11GT
Admiral
Admiral
Name: Chris
Car: Nissan Primera P11 GT
Engine Code: SR20VE.N1
1/4 Mile Time: 16.605
Daily Driver: Nissan Qashqai

Post by TheStigP11GT » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:10 am

Yeah, we will be at a few next year plus we plan on a re-map also.
Current Cars
Primera GT SR20VE N1 / Qashqai 1.5 dCI
http://www.neovvl.com

WeeFeeVZR
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Name: Fiona
Engine Code: SR20VE
1/4 Mile Time: 14.59

Post by WeeFeeVZR » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:13 pm

so next years plan for the N1!

First on the list will be the steering rack to get replaced, Will be using genuine Nissan rod ends.

Then look to get the battery relocated to the boot, Chris's brother in law can get high quality cable, and is also going to help him to tests which will determine the best cable to use.

after that then will be looking to get the custom made intake done. I think we will use Billy Big Bore to do all the welding, or even create it,

Engine will then be re-shimmed to bring in tighter tolerances.

Dashboard will be replaced, and also look to have the Oil Pressure and Wideband gauges moved. He has re-wiring he wants to do also and some soldering.

Once all this is complete I will then fit my new interior, I will then look to get the car down for a re-map by Greg again!
If its no Jap its crap !

TheStigP11GT
Admiral
Admiral

Post by TheStigP11GT » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Okay, so since both our QG based cars are playing up, we taxed this bad boy and got it on the road. I managed to drive it for the first time in over 2 years, Engine fired up first time for 2 months, and the gel cell battery was still charged. anyways got it out, had a few short bursts, the issue is traction when the cams switch, long straight on back roads, cams changed in 3rd gear and broke traction...with an LSD box... Granted the road was damp but not soaking,

Anyways daily driving is a nightmare the now. It needs a good map, We want to get this done for April if we can.
Current Cars

TheStigP11GT
Admiral
Admiral

Post by TheStigP11GT » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:29 pm

So some new updates!

The new reconditioned steering rack has arrived! also a new set of track rod ends! Will be looking to fit this soon.
uploadfromtaptalk1390739360765.jpg
The timing problem has been improved, I have backed off the timing, but the GSPEC pulley seems to be inaccurate. I am contemplating used the standard one for the mapping and swapping it later again, Just means 2 new bloody seals all in all.

We are off to CAS next week to measure up and price getting a custom made intake piping done to match the N1 intake.

Still got shimming to redo, and also 370cc Injectors to get.
Current Cars

TheStigP11GT
Admiral
Admiral

Post by TheStigP11GT » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:54 pm

I suppose a slight update,

I have started to remove the components of the engine to fit the new steering rack, Progress is slow due to university,

I have decided to swap the drivers side drive shaft to an Almera GTi one, which has the clamp that bolts to the engine, This should help eliminate torque steer.

We are going to now put thinner Gear Oil back in the gear box, Since the rebuild we have never had a single issue with the clutch, I highly rate the clutch which is in it.

Got the new steering rack and rod ends all ready to fit.

New Injectors are on it's way, but they are on Back order, should be here in about 3 - 4 weeks.

Remapping has been pushed back to next year, I fancy another shape down period before she is hammered on the Dyno.

I need to still work out this issue with the Timing. I am unsure whether the markings are the same as stock or not, but if they are, it suggests that 15* is not working well for Idle as it idles around 1500 RPM when warm, The crank pulley shows around 0*-5* and idles perfect at around 800RPM.

Since I have pissed about with ECU's again, my Primera ECU is back with Nistune to fix the NATS issue. It seems to keep going in to lock mode. When I get it back, I will hook this one up to the Pulsar. After Trial and Error the ECU looks to have the same Pin-out. So the Almera GTi and Primera GT ECU's although different part numbers, use same pins. Least I can use the Pulsar for testing.

Once the engine is back in, I will be fitting the new Interior we have for it. I also plan on re-wiring the Amp in the boot with better cable.

I also still have Shimming to get done, so I need to learn how to do this, but since there is no tapping in the engine, I think the tolerances are pretty near. I want them perfect though.

Once this mucker is done, I can move on to my new GTSE :-)
Current Cars

WeeFeeVZR
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Name: Fiona
Engine Code: SR20VE
1/4 Mile Time: 14.59

Post by WeeFeeVZR » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:50 pm

So it looks like chris has got right wired into this vzr. he plans having the engine out, new rack fitted, engine in, all in the next few days.
If its no Jap its crap !

p11primeragt
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Brian
Car: Primera Gt x 2
Engine Code: sr20ve

Post by p11primeragt » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:51 am

New rack should tighten thing's up a bit.

NeoVVL Owners Club : Disclaimer